Agency Staff Nurse Promicare and training services We are currently looking for registered general nurses to work within the community in London. Gaining the trust and confidence of each service user is an important aspect of the job for nurses and their main aim is to improve the patients’ quality of life.
Exact duties may vary depending on your role but will usually include:
• writing patient care plans ,
• wound care /treatment
• PEG feeds
• Continence care, including bladder and bowel care
• Catheter care, male/female urethral and supra pubic catheter care
• Insulin administration • observing and recording the condition of patients;
• checking and administering drugs
• planning & delivering care to service users in their homes upon discharge from hospital & liaising effectively with GPs , social care and other allied professional’s;
• communicating with and relieving the anxiety of patients and their relatives;
• respite care for families as required • advocating on behalf of patients;
• educating patients about their health, support with managing long term conditions
• maintaining patient records;
• making ethical decisions related to consent and confidentiality.
For more information in the strictest of confidence e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org Promise is committed to equality and value diversity. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
• Hold a valid DBS
• MUST have at least 12 months UK experience in community nursing care
• Have a good level of English (written & verbal) skills
• MUST have a NMC Pin If you have a DBS that is registered with the online update service, we can offer you work more quickly.
You must be able to provide 3 years references and either have all mandatory training in date, or be prepared to complete this prior to starting your assignment. Promo are will support you with your training needs if required